Before booking, please read these booking conditions carefully and all the other information relevant to your booking, including the Pet Agreement Terms and Conditions.
1. Agreement – The agreement is for the hire of the property for short term holiday letting and will be formally entered into between The owner of Meadow Farm and the Hirer when the required deposit payment has been received. Any bookings made by you shall constitute your acceptance of the offer to hire the accommodation subject to these conditions. The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all members of the party.
2. Payment terms – A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 per week of hire will secure the booking and needs to be made within seven days of the date the booking is acknowledged by The Owner. The booking will be held for that time but not fully secured until the deposit is received .The balance of the total will be due for payment without demand no later than eight weeks before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the start of the holiday the full amount for the booking must be paid . Cancellations within 7 days of arrival are charged at £25.00 per night for B&B
Failure to make full payment of the balance in the time period stated above will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit being forfeited (unless prior arrangements have been made with The owner).
All payments will be acknowledged by The owner of Meadow Farm.
3. Payment methods/currency – Payments can be made by bank transfer or cheque and only in £ Sterling. All necessary details will be supplied by email.
4. Cancellation – The Hirer should notify The Owner as soon as possible should a booking need to be cancelled. For any cancellation the full deposit will be retained. If full payment has been made and the cancellation is within 8 weeks of arrival the full amount will be returned only if the booking can be re-let, unless otherwise discussed with the owner. Should it be necessary for The Owner to cancel any bookings the only liability we have will be to return any payments made in full. We strongly advise guests to take out holiday insurance to cover cancellations, especially at this difficult time with the coronavirus outbreak.
5. Hirer’s responsibilities – The Hirer is responsible for the property hired and is expected to take all reasonable care of the property during your visit and leave the property and its fixtures and fittings in a good state of repair and cleanliness. All equipment, utensils and the property itself is to be left clean and tidy at the end of a stay. On leaving the property please ensure that all equipment, utensils and the property itself is to be left clean and tidy at the end of a stay
– All personal waste must be removed from the property.
– All washing up has been done and items put away at the end of the hire period.
– remove and properly dispose of any rubbish, recycling and bottles
– turn off lights and return the heating to the normal settings if adjusted
– reposition any ornaments or items of furniture moved during your stay
The Hirer will be held responsible for any damage or breakages to the property caused by the customer and in the event of such occurrence all damages/breakages should be reported as soon as they occur to the owner. This may enable the owner to attend to the problem during your stay.
The Owner reserves the right to charge for any serious damage/breakages/extra cleaning which is deemed outside the normal wear and tear and Hirers are deemed jointly and in turn liable.
Where substantial damage or repair costs are incurred, the Small Claims Court may be used to recoup these losses.
The Hirer is required to observe and adhere to the requests and instructions in the property.
6. Use of property – the Hirer shall use the hired property for the purpose of a private holiday residence for the maximum of agreed persons only and not for any other purpose whatsoever. The Occupier must not use the property or any part of it for any offensive, excessively noisy, improper, immoral or illegal purposes or allow any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the property neighbours. This would be deemed a serious breach of the terms of the Agreement and The Owner reserves the right to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect in this instance The Owner shall not be liable to the Hirer or any member of the Hirer’s party for loss or damage to personal property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to protect and safeguard your personal property.
7. Owner’s responsibilities – The owner is responsible for ensuring the property is supplied to the Hirer clean, warm and with all appliances/devices/furniture in proper working order. The owner is also responsible for dealing with any problems, equipment malfunction etc. as they occur and will make best efforts to remedy any problems that occur during your stay if they are advised of them.
8. Liability – The Owner accepts no liability whatsoever for any Loss, Damage, Injury or Accident to the Hirer or any member of the Hirer’s party or property whilst in occupation of the property or its grounds howsoever caused.
9. Arrival and departure – Arrival details will be sent approximately 2 weeks before the commencement of the booking. If the commencement date is less than 2 weeks, the arrival details will be sent when full payment has been made. Access to the property will be after 4pm on the day of your arrival and must be vacated by 10am on your day of departure. Earlier arrivals and later departures are sometimes possible but this will depend on adjacent bookings and is at the discretion of The Owner.
10. Numbers of people occupying a property – Under no circumstances may more people stay at the property than there are beds, unless agreed in advance. This is an important insurance requirement.
11. Key – Key and arrival arrangements will be provided to the Hirer approximately two weeks before the commencement of hire period. On check out, the property is to be locked and the key returned in accordance with the arrival instruction given to the Occupier.
12. Fuel and Electricity – Electricity charges are included in the cost of renting the property.
13. Complaints – In the event of a complaint or problem with the provision of the accommodation it must be brought immediately to the attention of the owner who will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible, to ensure the continued enjoyment of your holiday. Please contact The Owner as soon as possible and in all instances before the end of your period of hire. Complaints cannot be addressed if notified after the hire period.
14. Pets – Pets are permitted. They are to be kept under control and exercised, the Owner cannot accept responsibility for their safety. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet. The Occupier will be responsible for all damage caused by the pet.
15. Property rules – The property has a set of polite requests for guests but the property does not allow smoking inside including e-cigarettes. This is an important requirement to enable the property to comply with their Fire Hazard assessments.
16. Owner access. Owners are entitled to enter their property at any time but will always endeavour to contact guests to arrange a mutually agreeable time.
17. Lost property – If the Hirer, or any members of the Hirers party leave any personal belongings behind at the property after departure, the Hirer will be charged the cost of postage and packaging and an admin fee to have them returned. Any items found at the property will be disposed of within 30 days if not claimed. All perishable foods will automatically be disposed of at the time of the changeover
.NOTE: Please ensure that you take out adequate Holiday Insurance to cover all eventualities.
We welcome assistance dogs and well behaved dogs.
To ensure your stay is enjoyable and for the health and safety of our neighbours, future guests, and their dogs, you are required to observe the following rules during your stay. The term ‘dog’ refers to all dogs.
- Your dog is always your responsibility and you are liable for any damage or upset (including complaints from neighbours) caused by the dog. Should any damage occur you must inform the owner immediately.
- You must ensure your dog is well behaved, house-trained, wormed and free of fleas or contagious diseases upon arrival. We expect that all appropriate vaccination, including flea and worm treatment, has been regularly carried out on your dog.
- If your dog shows any signs of illness during your stay you must consult a Vet to ensure no contagious disease that could infect future pets or those of our neighbours. Should a contagious disease be diagnosed, you must inform us and we reserve the right to enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to our other rights and remedies. No monies will be refunded.
- Your dog must be kept under your control at all times including when in the garden.Your dog must be kept on a lead at all times when in the Meadow at the rear of the property.
- You are responsible for immediate clean-up of dog faeces in the garden as well as repairs of incidental damage caused by your dog. Dog faeces may be disposed of in the black refuse bin.
- You will ensure your dog does not jump on any furniture or bed(s).
- You will protect the carpets/flooring from any sticky / messy food treats given to your dog.
- You will ensure that your dog is clean before bringing it into the house. Dog towels are available.
- You will not clean your dog in the showers, sinks, or basins.
- You will not leave your dog unsupervised/alone in the property or garden. Most local cafes, and pubs, are dog friendly.
- Prior to departure, all properties must be thoroughly cleaned by you such that no trace of your dog is evident in the house or garden at the time of departure. A broom, dustpan brush, vacuum are provided.
We accept no liability for any illness or injury to your dog and reserve the absolute right to terminate a stay at any of our properties without notice if a dog and/or its owner cause damage or menace to the property, our neighbours, their children or their animals. No recompense will be given in such cases.
Thank you for your cooperation and agreement. We hope you’ll have a happy stay with your dog at Meadow Farm
On the Booking Enquiry Form, please confirm your dog(s) is/are house-trained, wormed and free of fleas and contagious diseases and you agree to abide by the above Pet Agreement Terms & Conditions.
Norwich NR12 0AX
To make a booking, please call Karen on 01692 598468.
Norwich NR12 0AX